ONLINE CATALOG SEARCH
This is a recorded interview with Mrs. Elizebeth Smith Friedman at the George C. Marshall Foundation in Lexington, Virginia on June 4, 1974 in which Mrs. Friedman discusses the origins and organization of the Friedman’s collection with Marshall Research Library staff members Tony Crawford and Lynn Biribauer.
ORIENTATION TO THE FRIEDMAN COLLECTION
• Organization of the Friedman Collection
• Colonel Fabyan’s Riverbank Estate Collection
• The Library of Congress
• The Choice of the Marshall Research Library
• NSA’s Library
• The Riverbank Pamphlets
• The American Cryptological Association
• David Kahn and The Code Breakers
• Cipher Devices and Aids
• Sub collections and acquisitions
THIS INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT MAY BE USED FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY. IT MAY NOT BE QUOTED FROM, CITED OR PUBLISHED EXCEPT BY PERMISSION OF THE GEORGE C. MARSHALL FOUNDATION.