ONLINE CATALOG SEARCH
This is a recorded interview with Mrs. Elizebeth Smith Friedman at the George C. Marshall Foundation in Lexington, Virginia on June 4, 1974 in which Mrs. Friedman discusses the history of the Friedmans with Marshall Research Library staff member Lynn Biribauer.
HISTORY OF THE FRIEDMANS
• Fabyan’s interest in the Baconian cipher
• Elizabeth Wells and her biliteral studies
• Riverbank Laboratories Codes and Ciphers Department
• Officer Training and the Development of United States Cryptanalysis Bureau
• World War I Efforts
• The Friedman’s Return to Riverbank
• The Army Signal Corps
• Prohibition, Smugglers, and the Department of Treasury
• Riverbank Publications
THIS INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT MAY BE USED FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY. IT MAY NOT BE QUOTED FROM, CITED OR PUBLISHED EXCEPT BY PERMISSION OF THE GEORGE C. MARSHALL FOUNDATION.