ONLINE CATALOG SEARCH
This is a recorded interview with Mrs. Elizebeth Smith Friedman at the George C. Marshall Foundation in Lexington, Virginia on June 6, 1974 in which Mrs. Friedman discusses Colonel Fabyan, the Riverbank Laboratories, and the biliteral cipher with Marshall Research Library staff members.
FABYAN, RIVERBANK, AND THE BILITERAL CIPHER
• Meeting George Fabyan
• The Riverbank Estate and Laboratories
• Biography and personality of George Fabyan
• Elizabeth Wells Gallup and her theories
• William Friedman’s life and work at Riverbank
• Code breaking for the U.S. government
• Shakespearean Ciphers Examined
THIS INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT MAY BE USED FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY. IT MAY NOT BE QUOTED FROM, CITED OR PUBLISHED EXCEPT BY PERMISSION OF THE GEORGE C. MARSHALL FOUNDATION.