The Foundation assists educators who teach the Marshall era by providing pertinent information and resources.
- Our website contains a brief overview of Marshall’s life with a visual chronology as well as links to his family tree on Ancestry.com
- For younger students, a coloring book George C. Marshall: A Hero for All Times is available to download and enjoy!
- The Foundation has digitized 4 comic books about General Marshall that can be used to encourage reluctant readers.These may be downloaded for free!
Middle and High School
- The biggest collection of Marshall’s writings are gathered in the Papers of George Catlett Marshall. Six volumes are available online to download and read.
- Our blog also has an array of events, topics, and how Marshall relates to them.
- These research subject guides, curated by Foundation librarians, are a collection of primary source material from the Marshall Research Library and Archives, relating to Marshall and various topics. (Click on “About this Collection” to view sources).
- Look at our collection of Propaganda posters.
- Information about Marshall Plan history, the June 5th speech, as well as interviews with key players in the passage of the legislation can be found in The Marshall Plan section of our website.
- Primary sources from the archives have been used to create virtual museum exhibits with Google Cultural Institute. The Foundation has 4 exhibits online:
- Look at episodes of George’s History Review.
- Our YouTube channel is a great place for audio and visual resources.
- For written biographies about George C. Marshall, please see our GoodReads account, our selected works page, essays and the Forrest C. Pogue interviews with Marshall.
- The Legacy of Leadership is a series of historical re-enactment films commissioned by the George C. Marshall Foundation. Read descriptions of each chapter here.
- Listen to what qualities made Marshall a great leader here.
- See favorite items from our Museum Collection on our Collections page.
- Look through our current exhibit Marshall in 30 Objects, and why the curator chose them.
- Curious to look at the books in Marshall’s personal library at Dodona Manor in Leesburg, Va.? Take a look at the inventory list.
- Our Leadership Resources page has previous programming on Marshall’s leadership abilities.