Bring your imagination to our LEGO brick-building contest, where kids ages 8-17 can compete for prizes, awarded by a panel of judges.
- Space is limited so RSVP early!
- RSVP is required. Please use the form below or call Kathy Garvin at 540-463-7103 x 124.
- $5 per person entry fee and a completed registration form are due on the day of the contest.
Theme: Winged Warrior
- All creations must have some type of wings included.
- Winged Warriors can be from the past, the present or the future.
- Entries can include a super-hero, a military figure, an aircraft or vehicle, or something unique!
- All creations must use your own LEGO or other LEGO compatible plastic brick.
- Entries must be your own creation. Entries cannot be from a kit or project found online or in a magazine, etc.
- No other material (glue, paper, etc.) is permitted in the creation of your entry.
- All entries must be completely assembled within the three-hour time limit. All assembly must be completed on site during the contest; no pre-built parts will be permitted.
- All participants must be accompanied by an adult; the adult may not build with the participant–only observe and encourage.
- Judging will be done for two age groups; ages 8-12 and ages 13-17
- Participants will have the opportunity to describe their creation as part of the judging process.
- Judging will commence at 3:30 pm and prizes will be awarded at that time.
People’s Choice Award:
- All participants may choose to leave their creations at the museum to participate in the People’s Choice Award.
- Museum visitors will have a chance to vote for their favorite creation from July 27th to September 26th.
- The People’s Choice Award winner will be notified on September 28th.
Participation in the event assumes consent for photographs to be used for museum purposes. LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group of Companies, which does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this event.